At Dr. Jessenia Magua’s office, patients receive compassionate gynecological and obstetrical care from a doctor who puts her patients at ease and explains things to them in terms they can understand. Her goal is to provide progressive healthcare to women throughout the lifecycle.
Dr. Magua is a native Floridian who is a highly trained, Board-Certified Obstetrician and Gynecologist who is easy going, caring, and a good listener. Dr. Magua treats the full spectrum of OB/GYN issues, including adolescent counseling, leep procedures, menopause management and urinary incontinence.
She also provides very personal pregnancy care and both in-office permanent sterilization (Essure® and Adiana) and laparascopic or post partum tubal ligation.
She specializes in advanced laparoscopic and robotic-assisted surgeries for management of benign gynecologic disorders, such as uterine fibroids, endometriosis and ovarian cysts. She also offers women minimally invasive options for the treatment of abnormal uterine bleeding using office-based endometrial ablation techniques (Novasure®, Thermachoice®, Hydrothermablation & more™). Dr. Magua is also trained and specializes in Thermiva and Thermismooth.
- Undergraduate: Northwestern University Evanston, IL
- Post Graduate: University of Illinois Chicago, IL
- Medical School: University of Illinois College of Medicine Chicago, IL
- Residency: OB/GYN at Aurora Health Care (affiliated with the University of Wisconsin, Madison, School of Medicine and Public Health)
- Novartis Award (outstanding Community Service) 2004
- Warren J. Cohen, MD Humanitarian Award (Intern of the year) 2007-2008
- Teaching excellence Award 2008, 2010 from the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health
- Dr. Samuel G. Perlson Undergraduate education award 2007-2008
- Award given by the Midwifery Group of Aurora Sinai Medical Center recognizing Dr. Magua as the most compassionate and organic caregiver among her peers.
Dr. Jessenia Magua is fluent in English and Spanish